Friday, June 27

All Things

There are some verses in the Bible that just LEAP out as favorites.
I see them almost daily on a t-shirt, facebook post and etc..
There is one on my calendar right now. 

Philippians 4:13 13 I can do all things through Christ[b] who strengthens me.


***I asked for it - - To find deeper understanding in His Word..
Oh how the blessed changes have been happening!!
I've come to crave it: hunger / thirst for His instructions.

Ok.. we know this was written by Paul (probably while imprisoned) to the churches-where he had friends, fellow believers, and enjoyed fellowship with them.
Verse 1 - 3 shows Paul's emotion (God given) towards them. He calls them beloved, my joy and crown.
Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved.
Be United, Joyful, and in PrayerI implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. And[a] I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life.

These are people that he knew well, people that he loved, with a love that is God given.
He's their teacher & friend in Jesus Christ.
Next, he instructs them of Christ's way (that he'd been taught and practiced) of worship & fellowship. (vs 4-9) **these are some of my favorite verses to cling to. It tells us everything we need to know in just a short few sentences**

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Meditate on These Things

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
He tells us to REJOICE, let gentleness be known - - The Lord (Jesus) is at hand! Literally-at hand. He's right there. Always.
In several of his letters Paul lists "fruits" (basically characteristics that come naturally with the change)  that come from having the Spirit of Christ dwelling in us: gentleness is one of them.

Warns us not to be anxious for NOTHING! LITERALLY! NOT ONE THING!!! This tells us that - even though God already knows.. Jesus is right there, waiting for us to let Him know to take care of it.
That in prayer -supplication & with thanksgiving -  make our requests known to God and the peace of God (which is JESUS) will guard our hearts and minds!
***remember the verse in John where it says "no one gets to the Father but through me." - Jesus speaking. Yeah!! no joke.. *** we know He was speaking on salvation, but it totally fits for EVERYTHING!!! Jesus is the way and the life! We either follow Him or we don't know God. period.***

John 14:6New King James Version (NKJV)
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Now.. what this means to those of us practicing service, faith, hope, and trust in the ONE true Lord, Jesus Christ, is that we have crystal clear instructions on what we are to be doing to serve Him here on Earth. Through my studies of Paul's letters, I have been discovering more and more of those ways that He loves us & His examples of being lead by the Spirit daily.

The next few verses are Paul sharing what he's endured as his days & thanking them for their support of prayer and even gifts to him & what it's meant to him - as his days as a believer, teacher, preacher, apostle unfolded. Paul gives first hand experience - witness testimony - seriously - hand picked by Christ Himself to do this. whoa!!

Philippian Generosity

10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ[b] who strengthens me.
14 Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. 15 Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. 16 For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. 18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. 19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Greeting and Blessing

21 Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren who are with me greet you. 22 All the saints greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar’s household.
23 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.[c] Amen.

Read in context - when he says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me -- he is letting them (and us) know - that no matter what the state of his condition is he has full 100% complete confidence that all these things are as they need be for His plan, in which he gathers strength.
In verse 11 he states that he's learned to be content with whatever state he is in.That means - no matter what - because he knows he is following HIS plan, which in itself is enough for calming of the anxiety and feeling strength, confidence, and a deeper faith.

All things through Christ = meaning the teaching, the preaching, the testifying, the writing, AND the beatings, the hunger, the persecution and ultimately his execution..

Seriously --- all these things -- the things God through Jesus lead him to do.
Not all things he wanted to do - - or all things people told him to do - - but ALL THINGS through CHRIST -- who strengthened him. This is not physical strength. This is 100% Holy Spirit filled strength. The strongest strength there is.
Seriously -- powerful stuff.

This ONE single verse, which already meant a lot - - now has even more meaning.

ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST - who strengthens me.
Paul's testimony --- not one bit of credit is his own. He gives it ALL to Christ. For His glory, not his own.  All things through Christ.. not for Christ.. but THROUGH. . HOLY INSTRUCTIONS.

WHOA!!!

So this means - - the 'mystery' which is serving the Lord - revealed by Himself (Jesus) - taught, sought and bought by His blood -- all things HIM and the Father are the things that strengthen us, our relationship with Him, and the knowledge needed for humbly serving the Master of all masters to orchestrate His will.
W H O A !!! My mind is blown. Is yours?!

After digging a little deeper.. this verse means so much more.
So much! We can have full 100% committed confidence as our relationship with Christ grows closer- He's creating in us the strength to see His plan through. W H O A !!!
It's really our choice to tap into that kind of power & strength.
I urge you to take a deeper look into some of your favorite verses..
You may be surprised what else the Lord has in store for you.



Peace be with you all <3


 

No comments:

Post a Comment