Tuesday, October 14

Quiet_Be Still

Psalm 46 New King James Version (NKJV)

God the Refuge of His People and Conqueror of the Nations

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. A Song for Alamoth.

46 God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear,
Even though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
Though its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah
There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God,
The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of dawn.
The nations raged, the kingdoms were moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah
Come, behold the works of the Lord,
Who has made desolations in the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two;
He burns the chariot in the fire.
10 Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth!
11 The Lord of hosts is with us;The God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah

Everyone knows the passage in verse 10 - "Be still, and know that I am God.."
However, there is so much more in this chapter - - We're invited to look at EVERYTHING around us - see God in EVERYTHING  - - to seek refuge, to have no fear!! and to be still = meaning to have faith & be steadfast that I am (Jesus) is God and will be exalted.  The peace that is Jesus - and His salvation - and seek Him out in all we say, do, see, hear, and touch. There isn't a doubt in my mind that while I'm over here.. sorting out all the thoughts, quotes, and scriptures of the day that God is sitting up there and orchestrating which ones I see & hear - - I just need to be quiet and listen!!

I've failed to do this so many times - I'm sure God & Jesus are watching, shaking their heads and saying, "again?  no way.. she's doing it again!"
Of course, now I'm not nearly being as stubborn and wayward as before, right?! 
WRONG. My previous sins are just as serious as my present ones.
Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself that I can't think straight. I can't seem to focus. Seriously, it gives me a gigantic headache. I keep most of these thoughts to myself so only God can hear me.  How often I say "Why can't I do this for You? Why must I be this way?"
I do love the Lord. I am thankful for Him & how much He's loved us to sacrifice Himself for us..
Without Him.. yea.. the outcome is BAD! really bad! as in .. THE WORST!!!
**most likely outcome = dead & burning in hell** seriously -- that's backed up by Scripture. I know it to be true.

It makes me sick to feel this way.. when .. I feel like I'm failing Him.. when I feel like I'm losing full sight of Him..when I forget that God will qualify me_in His timing_for His purpose. When I have fear having dreams, goals, and ambitions. I really don't want to set expectations and then have extra disappointments. I'm afraid to pray for myself : I fear that He'll find me selfish or that my motive is pride or that I'd ask for blessing beyond my worth. I dislike being afraid. I don't want to fail Him. Yet.. He tells me to "fear not". .
So.. since I'm having trouble with the fear part.. I guess I will just.. "be still". .

"Dear Lord, I want to be a woman with a teachable heart, a willing spirit, a bendable will, and a loving attitude. I want to be guided by You each moment of my life. Help me to be this woman more and more, day by day. In Jesus' Name, Amen.” (proverbs 31 ministries)

No comments:

Post a Comment