Monday, August 29

It's my Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today has been awesome!!! I got a GREAT night's sleep.  I fell asleep before 11pm last night & I woke around 10 am. I kept hearing my phone going off, not even thinking about it.. I had over 50 messages (from FB) of people wishing me a happy birthday! What I really loved was that as soon as I kicked off the covers there was Lily smiling w/ a loud "Happy Birthday Mom" I just melted. She's such a great kid.

I managed to get a few loads of laundry finished, along w/ cleaning up the porch & a few other areas today! AND I had 3 visitors today.  My first visitor today was my pal Wade. He just stopped by to see how I was doing and ate a piece of cake. My other friend Mike SANG Happy Birthday to me as he drove by, but then he stopped in for a piece of cake & to chit chat. Not long after Mike left, my Dad arrived and took 2 pieces of cake for him & for mom for tonight. I have to remember to send along two more pieces for Mom's neighbor Carol & her mom. I sure wish I was an at-home care person. "Nana" has been home bound for a while. She needs someone to be with her always. I'm sure they will enjoy a little choc cake w/ peanut butter icing 8^)

After supper tonight, Lily insisted that I have a candle to blow out & make a wish on. So... I grabbed a candle & a cupcake and made a wish after Lily sang for me.. LOL It was great!

So now, here it is.. almost 11pm and I'm officially 32 yrs old and I feel great! I do feel a little tug in my heart about some issues, but all in all - - I feel great! The house is shaping up, the kids go back to school tomorrow, and I was able to enjoy my first day off getting alot accomplished & spend some great time w/ the kids. We even walked to McDonald's where I ate 1/2 of my salad & got a M&M flurry that was DELICIOUS!

Well, the kids are tucked & sleeping in bed and I've had a great day.. Now lets just see if God allows my birthday wish to come true.. and NO I'm not going to tell you what it is.. Tomorrow's a new day & I'm looking forward to sending the kids back to school and excited for their new year!! Daniel is my big 7th grader and Lily is my 6th grader. YIKEs! I am getting old LOL nahhh not really! LOL I feel awesome! losing 47 lbs and turning 32 is awesome! I can't wait for my weigh in this week (*since I'll be riding bike a lot while the kids are in school*) if I can lose those pesky 3 lbs to make it to my 50 lb milestone I'll be even more happy! AND if I can get rid of this choc. cake w/ peanut butter icing.. w/out having to eat it.. YUP - that would be 'icing on the cake' LOL

Good night everyone! I felt well liked, loved & popular all day long. God is awesome and He sure knows what He's doing bringing the right folks into my life. I am very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment